Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home Sweet Greenhouse

Day 1: The process of starting a vegtable garden indoors to get a head start

Puchased a pellet greenhouse kit from Canadian Tire equipped with 50 biodegradable fibre grow pellets with humidity dome. Big Up's to my boyfriend who hooked me up with the CT discount.



Chia Indoor Garden kit for growing herbs, a Christmas gift from my boyfriends sister, a thoughful gift if you ask me.

Step 2: hydrate the pellets with warm water, let the expansion begin












Before


After












The pellets grow instantly and quickly absorb water, great for indoor gardening as the mess is contained and you can keep your apartment clean as well as it's pretty cool to watch them expand and grow before your eyes. Now if only plants grew that fast.

Purchased new seeds from the Home Hardware just down the street from us. Seeds are only $0.49, practically a steal. baught my seeds last year from here for the same deal. It's in my blood to be a deal hunter and grow a bountiful garden. Perhaps I am a bounty hunter. Oh how much better the produce will taste knowing it was such a good deal!

A sampling of what types of vegtables I will be growing this summer. I also decided to grow forget-me-nots as they are my favourite and a butterfly mix of cutting flowers to brighten up the home and hopefully attract butterflies like it says.


Creating my own mini Greenhouse by using household plastic wrap to help incubate the seeds, above will be basil. Heres a little poem I wrote to speed up the growing process.
Hello, future pesto!
Germanate your seeds and grow
Sow your seeds and plant your roots
For us to eat your basil shoots
I'll be patient, but can hardly wait
To use you as a seasoning on my dinner plate


Now we patiently wait. Stay tuned for pictures of the sprouts.

2 comments:

  1. how much did that come to from CT! I Want it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was $5.49 befor staff discount. litterly the STAFFord discount

    ReplyDelete