Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Big Plot

Here is my second garden project I am working on this summer along with my little garden in my backyard. This garden is a group project I am doing with other students. We planted a week ago today, the greenhouse feature from earlier is where we started our tomatoes, cucumber, zuchini and peppers indoors. We planted lettuce, radish, peppers, cucumber, zuchini, a bunch of different types of tomatoes, basil, carrots, peas, beans, dill, other mixed herbs, onions and a few others. I hope this is a plentiful season and am looking forward to makign new recipe creations with the harvested produce. We also have a raspberry bush and rubarb. I am super excited!

our pepper plants

radish's planted from seed less than one week ago, they harvest within 20-25 days of planting

lettuce that came up like a perannual which I didnt know could happen

tomatoes with marigolds for protection


the stakes your see on the right are where we are growing peas

zuchini

cucumbers with strings to eventually cling onto, mulch to keep in moisture and mounds to provide extra nutrients

the gang of zuchinis

other tomatoes grown in the greenhouse with marigolds between as well as basil planted that hasn't sprouted yet in between

No comments:

Post a Comment